One week of your summer can…
- Distinguish you in the competition for college admissions and scholarships
- Expand your leadership and problem-solving skills that will help you throughout life
- Give you a huge head start in your senior government class
- Introduce you to some of the smartest, most motivated high school juniors in Kansas
- Establish lifelong friendships
…if you attend the American Legion Boys State of Kansas Leadership Academy.
We are looking forward to our 80th session and our 26th year on the beautiful Kansas State University campus in Manhattan, Kansas.
The 2017 session dates are June 4-9, 2017.
The purpose of this site is as a historical archive of our program session in photos and information since 1997. Once you have been through the program, this is where you will find copies of photos, election results, etc.
At any time you may return to this page by clicking on the Home link on the left menu.
If you would like to nominate a student for Boys State 2017 (or beyond) click here.
If you are an alumni of Kansas Boys State and would like to update your information click here.
Congratulations to Caleb Frye from Moundridge, KS (Moundridge High School) [City of Newman, Patton County]. He is the Kansas winner of the Samsung Scholarship from our 2016 session! Caleb was a member of the American Legion Boys State of Kansas Heritage Foundation.
Director of Development
The American Legion Boys State of Kansas.